But who doesn't?! Our good friends Mike and Whit have a vacation house in St. George (it's their parents obviously ha) and invited us all to go down with them! We have had it planned for a couple months now and we were SO excited. I finished my last final thursday morning & then we took off with Lindie and Cam to go play in St. George until everyone else got there that evening. We played some tennis, my first time ever. PE doesn't count. I loved it! I'm definitely not the best, but I think I might have surprised myself a little. We jumped in the pool for a little & then Cam and Lindie introduced us to 25 On Main! Oh my goodness. The most delicious little sandwich/salad/soup Italian restaurant. They have these amazing seasoned potatoes & cupcakes! We always have to end our night with dessert or some sort of treat so we ended it with Menchies... uhhhmazing frozen yogurt.. I'm obsessed... & some dice games with everyone late that night!
The next day we all decided to go on a hike. After driving around for what seemed like hours we finally found the hike we wanted to do up Snow Canyon... 3 Ponds Hike. The map said it would be a 3.5 mile hike. We didn't realize it was 3.5 miles each way + 80% of it was sand. Talk about a workout. We had a blast, but by the end all of us girls thought we were going to starve or pass out. Maybe we were a tad bit dramatic about it all, but it was rough. We decided to go to 25 On Main AGAIN.. we just had to introduce the whole crew to it. They loved it, of course. We all went grocery shopping to pick out the meals we were in charge of, took our power naps, and then ate dinner & played games ALL night. Games are my absolute favorite with everyone. I wish I could explain the intensity of it all, but you would really have to be there to understand. Everyone gets so into it & makes bets on everything. In fact, Matt and I lost one of the bets. It was way late, we were already in our pj's, & we had to go get in our swimsuits.. go outside.. & let our significant others dump a bucket of water on us. Parker was way too nice & filled my bucket with warm water! I'm so sad.. I had a video of the whole thing, but it got deleted. Here are some pics of our adventures...
![]() |
| We found a turtle! |
| All of us :) |
| Potty break! |
Saturday morning we woke up, had a delicious breakfast & headed up the canyon to do some climbing. Most of us girls wore flip flops since we would just be changing into climbing shoes as soon as we got there + the climb was just a short distance from the road. Well, we weren't able to find the climb. We hiked for a while, yes in flip flops up the mountain, but could never find a safe place to climb. We turned it into a fun day of hiking to beautiful spots! So fun. The pool was the perfect way to cool off. We laid out and played lots of pool games! To celebrate Cinco de Mayo we had our own little fiesta with yummy tacos, chips & dip, and lots and lots of games!!!
| Our way of drying off! ha |
Side story... the boys all decided to play Hot Dice & make a bet that whoever lost had to have grapefruit smashed in their face. Weird, I know. Parker was the first one out. I got a video of part of it, but the end got cut off :( oh well, here it is... JK video won't upload. Still new at this.. I'll figure it out someday.
Sunday morning we woke up, had another yummy breakfast, and headed up the canyon AGAIN to hike to some waterfalls. But there was hardly any water! Oh well! We still made the best out of it & had soo much fun hiking and exploring! Remember how I mentioned we made bets on everything?! Well, the boys lost a bet! They had to jump in the warm crystal blue water (it was really dirty & freezing)! I have a video of that too, but of course it won't work.
We had the best weekend! Lots of good memories with great friends! I already want to start planning the next trip :) Thank you Mike & Whit for such a fun time!





No comments:
Post a Comment